Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Tuesday, December 18, 2012


Guess what?  I'm already in Rio!!! Today is my first Pday and eles vai ser em Segundo (Monday from now on). We got to leave a day early from the MTC so we took a plane ride yesterday at 4 in the morning.  It was onle 45 minutes, but the landing was amazing.  We passed right by the Pao de Sucar (sugar loaf mountain) and saw the Cristo Redentor.  Then we got picked up by President Lima and went back to his house and ate lunch and were oriented and such.  It was so incredible!!!  The view from his house is one of the coolest I've ever seen.  After that, we went to the capela para receber nosso companeiro.  O nome de meu companeiro é Elder Lima.  Ele é um bom missionario e eu ja aprendi muito dele. After, we walked about a mile and hopped on two different buses and a van to get to our area.  Stuff gets heavy when you carry it a mile...  Anyways we got to our lar. Its definitely a humble one, but I like it.  No ac but we do have a fan we move around to each room we go in.  
We gave my first lesson of the field to a sister named Maria.  Ela foi batisou otem e nos se ensinamos novamente sobro o Espirito Santo.  Eu solmente entendi um pouqo, mais eu vou aprender.  The accent here is different than Sao Paulo so I keep having to ask everyone to repeat what they say alot.  Oh well.  I will try to attach a few pictures to the email I will send mom.  I hope it works.  Also, if sending a package, apparently if you declare a worth of more than 20 dollars, the governement will take it and make me pay double its cost in reals to take it out...so say its less than twenty dollars I guess....
My companion says that we will probably use skype in a members house to talk to you on Natal, so im excited for that.

Sorry it isnt longer, but we have a lot of things to do today.  Até mais!
Elder Stinnett

Well, I got to help teach a new convert yesterday as I wrote in the letter to Dad.  Everyone here is very nice and less busy than Sao Paulo. That's cool to hear about India's mission and Boyd's farewell.   I'm feeling a bit lost here with the language, but I'm grateful for the chance to be knocked down so I can learn more.  Also my area is campo grande cesario de melo ....bye



 

No comments:

Post a Comment