Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Monday, June 10, 2013

So this week has been a bit of a rush.  I got a call 10 PM this last monday night saying that we were going to have an emergency transfer.  I would be opening up a new area in the same zone and also I would be training.  I packed my bags super quick and got some rest, and got to the mission office. 

My new comp is Elder Asto.  He is from Peru.  A really humble guy.  It is a bit funny because he keeps throwing Spanish words in wherever he doesnt know the Portuguese ones.  It makes it a bit hard to understand, but maybe this can be training for when I get back to AZ to understand all the Spanish speakers there, right?  :D   
The new area is Vila São Luis II.  I live in the same house as the ZLs and it is a blast.  It is a bit more humble here and reminds me a lot of my first area.  Goodbye Galleão and all of the rich people there....I did have the inspiration to take this picture there (attached) the day before I received the notice of the emergency transfer.  

So Pamela was baptized this Sunday!!!  I had it all planned out with the ZLs so that I could go to her baptism back in Galleão, but then I was up all Saturday night puking.  I had to spend my B-Day in bed :(  ...but Pamela was baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so that still makes it the best birthday ever.  

Im still a little bit out of it from the lack of liquids, so Im not really sure what else to write.  The new area is great and it looks like it is a great area to baptize.  Right now it is just patience, faith, and diligence.

I love you all, and thanks so much for the birthday wishes!!

Elder Stinnett

No comments:

Post a Comment