Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Monday, April 7, 2014

Hey Mom and Dad, 
Thanks so much for your emails.  As far as a birthday present, dont worry about it.  Cards would be enough- the Taylor college, car, ipod savings account is open though :)  just kidding.  I really am not missing anything here spiritually or physically- but man when I get home, I want to get a girlfriend fast. hahaha  My comp is going home this next wednesday (not this one right now).  We still havent heard anything from President Lima on what will happen- but of course, he´s got a lot on his plate right now.  He is in Salt Lake right now with the prophet (He got called as an area 70 during conference!!!!)  Im so proud of him haha.  I wonder how that is going to work out because he still has up until June to finish his mission.  Maybe the new president will come early, or Pres. Lima will just learn how to do two things at once.  

I have been studying my patriarchal blessing a lot lately.  I think I have that habit when the visible results of the work we are doing dont quite match up with effort that we are putting in.  I decided to traslate it to Portuguese, and as I did, I gained a whole new outlook on what the Lord expects of me.  A lot of what I discovered was echoed in General Conference, especially the talk of Elder Uchtdorf when he talked about gratitude.  The way that he was able to explain about how in every trial we can still be thankful- that *we are made of the stuff of eternity* and that *endings here in mortality really are not endings at all, but interuptions* really put things in perspective.  President Lima told us in his email to take a moment to look at ourselves, evaluate our weaknesses and the questions that we have, and then look for answers in the talks.  I got a good 6 topics written, and then I looked over my notes today, marking every time that what they said answered what I needed to know- every single one was answered in depth and exactly what I was searching for-that was right in front of me- but I couldnt see it.  One speaker even quoted my patriarchal blessing.  All of these things combined let me know for sure that these men really are true prophets of God here on earth.  Of that, I have no doubt.

This week I ate Rabada and Caldo Verde!!!  I have been begging the irmãs for a long time to make rabada so I could try it.  It is the tail of a cow and is made with some kind of green leaves.  Cow tails are a LOT thicker than I thought they were.  It was super tasty, full of fat, and I can go ahead and check that one off my list of weird foods to eat.  Now I just have to try dobradinho- which is some type pig stomach soup.  :O  Caldo Verde reminds me of mexican food and is a potatoe soup with sausage and leaves.  Delicious!!!  Oh wait before I forget-  do you remember Emanuel and Val (from Vila São Luis)?????  They are going to get sealed in July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  I cant believe it!  I am so excited for them.  I am so glad that he was able to stay strong through all his trials and make it to this point.  

Well, Im out of time,  but I love you guys and Im thankful for your prayers!!

Até logo!

Elder Stinnett

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment