Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Monday, January 27, 2014

Dont tell me that Sara is interested in Elder hansen......  He keeps telling me that Im going to get back home to the airport and he is going to be there with you guys...married to Sara.  hmmmmmm (PS not telling you where he´s from)

The Gilbert temple is so pretty!  I have never seen a temple with a little tower exactly like that.  It seems like they matched to style of the temple to the environment which is way cool.  One of the first things I want to do when I return is go through a ton of sessions.  I am really missing being able to go to the temple :/

So...I never got the Christmas package or valentines or anything like that.  I had gone on the church website and boughten a childrens hymn book in Port., some pictures of Christ, and a simplified piano hymn book, but that never got to the mission office either...it is a bit of a bummer.  Ill just keep hoping and praying that it gets here some day.  However I did get a letter from Adrean Mendoza telling me how a ton of people are married/ getting married- inclusive some people from UH getting married to eachother-  weird!!  

This week, we put in our full 5039034590% effort.  We got home each night completely wiped out and satisfied.  Without time to run to the store, we ran out of toilet paper really quick.  Ends up that we have a weird hose thing on the side of our toilet (it´s called a budei right?? idk)  anyways I used Elder Hansen´s towel to dry off (dont tell him hahaha)

In response to what you put about my patriarchal blessing, I have been reading it alot.  It is amazing the directions and counsels that you receive from the Lord as you really study it.  It helps me realize that the Lord really does know about all things and has a plan for me to fulfill.  I feel like through all of these experiences that I pass and also what I see happening around me, I can understand a lot better what really matters.  I get a little sad when I see so many people just sitting on the street- doing nothing- unsatisfied with their life but scared and unwilling to change their circumstances.  I love helping those who accept help, but I think when we testify that the gospel will change their lives for the better, they think it is too good to be true.  Going to church here is fashionable, but sadly the things they learn are rarely applied.  BUUUTTT that is why we´ve got missionaries and members right????? ;D  The teachings of the missionaries and the real life testimony of the members make an undeniably powerful combo to give others the teachings that they need and the proof that the teachings work.  Sooooo, my invitation for anyone who reads this is to pray, and think, and discover what person is needing your testimony in this moment.  It doesnt matter who you are or what your circumstances, because the Lord gave us the gospel so that we can share it.  It could be a member that has fallen away or a friend that is in need.  Whatever it is, the Lord has placed you in the life of this person for exactly this reason.  There is a verse in proverbs that says *Não deixa de fazer o bem a quem merece, estando nas tuas mãos o poder de faze-lo*  This is the invitation I make for everyone, and I know that you will be blessed even more that the person that you help, because God will see your dedication and will consecrate your efforts.

Sorry I cant write more.  There are a bunch of people screaming/ swearing here in the lanhouse and it is a bit difficult to feel the Spirit.  But I love you all!!!

Abraços,
Elder Stinnett

1 comment:

  1. ewwwwwww, your not using my bathroom anytime soon!! BTW- I read on your companions blog he used your toothbrush to scrub the toilet!

    ReplyDelete